So you have set up very strong and secure password which is so difficult that even you are unable to remember the right password? Well, it’s not the time to feel awkward as you are not alone who have faced this issue. Obviously, using easy password is risky to secure your PC. But using strong passwords has its own risk. There are chances that you might forget them.
Luckily, you can easily get through some of the security breaches to reset your Windows password. However, these methods are a bit difficult but I will explain you as easily as possible so everyone can find out how to implement them. The main aim is to reset Dell password but also ensure no data loss takes place. So, I wouldn’t suggest you to install OS once again. Here are the three methods you can try to reset Dell laptop password –
Method 1 – Using PASSFOLK SAVERWIN
Passfolk SaverWin is a well-equipped password recovery tool which can reset your Dell laptop password without having to reinstall your OS. It is free to use and has an attractive user interface that requires no technical skills to operate the software. I have tested this tool with Windows 8 and 10 and it worked perfectly. Here’s what I did –
- First of all, download and install Passfolk SaverWin on any other Windows PC. I used my friend’s PC for that. Open it as administrator. You can either burn DVD/CD or USB.
- I had bootable disk. If you have one insert it into your Dell laptop and click “Burn USB” to burn ISO file on the bootable drive. Click “OK” to proceed.
- Remove the disk and insert it into your locked Dell laptop. Enter the BIOS settings b by pressing keys like Del, F8, F2 etc. and choose the boot priority to USB or CD/DVD.
- Your laptop will reboot from USB or CD/DVD and load SaverWin program. Click “Reset Password” and Reboot to reset your password to blank.
Method 2 – With Reset Disk
It is recommended to those who take a bit extra precaution and have already created a reset disk before getting their system locked. If you have a password reset disk already, you can easily change your system password.
- Click “Reset Password” from login screen of your PC and it will show up new setup wizard.
- Type new password for user account which will replace existing one. Now you can open your Dell laptop with new password.
The catch is that you cannot use this trick on administrator or local account. Don’t lose hope. We have another way to reset your Windows password.
Method 3 – With Microsoft Account
The problem is that everyone don’t have password reset disk to restore their PC, and I was one of them. If you have locked your laptop with Microsoft account, you can easily reset your password automatically in Windows 10.
- Simply go to https://account.live.com/password/reset, and click “I forgot my password”.
- Type your email and mobile number linked to your Microsoft account.
- Choose how you want to get security code and click next. For example, you can choose email or mobile number to get code.
- Type the code you get and go to next page.
- Set up a new password for your account and finalize changes.
- Restart your Dell laptop and login with new password.
We will post more and more review articles in the future and if you want us to notify you then subscribe to our blog and enjoy!